1. Explain to students the goal of the lesson is to learn about kindness. Ask students the following questions:
1. What is kindness?
2. What are some kind acts you can do for others?
2. Next read, "Kindness is Cooler, Mrs. Ruler". Check for understanding by asking, what were some kind acts Mrs. Ruler's students did at home, school, and in their community?
3. Next challenge the class to come up with 100 acts of kindness. Give each student a paper heart and ask them to write as many kind acts as they can inside the heart.
4. Give students about 15 minutes to brainstorm, write their acts, and decorate their hearts.
5. Go around the room counting each students acts of kindness. Be sure to count out loud and ask the students to join you in counting!
How do you teach kindness to your students?