How do you help students deal with their anger?
- Give students a blank piece of paper and ask them to title it "C.O.P".
- Working with the student encourage them to come up with a minium of 10 different things they can do to "chill out" when they are angry.
- After they have created their list give them an opportunity to decorate it with crayons, markers, colored pencils, etc
- If you have access to writing composition books staple their completed C.O.P. to the inside cover.
- Lastly, encourage your student to write in their journal and review their C.O.P. the next time they get angry.
Here are some examples of things students can put in their Chill Out Plans:
- Take a 5 minute vacation
- Talk to an adult you trust
- Break Craft sticks
- Write in a journal
- Listen to music
- Take a walk
- Count to 10 before speaking
- Punch a pillow
- Do something you enjoy
What are some things you would put on your C.O.P?