The We Do Listen foundation provides free animated books, reproducible handouts, music, games, and lessons you can use for your class lessons or small groups. The animated books discuss topics such as listening, bullying, telling the truth, and friendship.
This month I'm using Howard B. Wigglebottom as a class lesson with my K and 1 students. Here is my lesson plan:
1. Have students watch "Howard B. Wigglebottom Learns to Listen".
2. Check for understanding by playing the animated lesson How to be a better listener.
3. Have students dance to Wiggles & Giggles to expend energy and have fun!
4. Ask students to go back to their seats to color in the Howard B. Wigglebottom Learns to Listen worksheet.
5. Prior to the lesson make a Number 1 Listener Star like Howard receives. This is very easy to do, just draw a star, cut it out, and write Number 1 Listener in the middle of the star.
To close the lesson, tell students that they will have a chance to receive a Number 1 Listener Star like Howard did. Ask the classroom teacher to award the Number 1 Listener Star to the student that follows all of Howard B. Wigglebottom's listening rules!
This is a fun and easy lesson to do! Will you try Howard B. Wigglebottom with your students?